leave a reply
There is nothing more prefect then the Spanish kitchen! Enjoy this lovely recipe for Patatas Bravas or watch Morna make it for you.
• 4 medium potatoes
• Olive oil (for frying, about 1-2 cups)
• ½ cup of homemade bravas sauce
1. Peel the potatoes, rinse thoroughly, and dry with a paper towel.
2. Cut the potatoes into bite-size chunks.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add the potatoes and adjust the heat to the lowest setting, allowing them to pre-cook for a few minutes.
5. Remove the potatoes and let them cool in the fridge for a few more minutes.
6. Turn the heat up to high and add the potatoes back into the pan.
7. Fry until crispy and golden.
8. Transfer the potatoes to a plate lined with paper towels to cool, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
9. To serve, drizzle the bravas sauce over the potatoes.
10. Dig in!
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
• ½ TBSP spicy paprika
• 1 ½ TBSP sweet paprika
• 1-2 TBSP flour
• 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable broth
• Salt to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the sweet paprika and spicy paprika and stir until combined.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir until combined.
4. Add the broth very gradually, stirring constantly.
5. The sauce should start to thicken as you incorporate the broth; slowly add more flour as necessary to achieve the right consistency (it should be velvety and smooth, but not so thick that it holds its shape alone).
6. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Season with salt to taste.
8. Drizzle over some fried potatoes and enjoy!
Play GamePoint Bingo!